Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Blog Entry #1

Hey everyone!

I hope your reading is going well. Now that you have made it to the blog you can add your comments by clicking below and writing your response to one of these questions:
  1. What is your earliest faith memory?
  2. How would you describe your current experience of God—as more close and personal or as more mysterious and far away? Why?
  3. If God controls the world, is it more like the control of a well-oiled machine, or the control of a loving parent? Who’s to blame when things seem “out of control”?

See ya on Sunday! ~jo

5 comments:

  1. my earliest faith memory was sitting in the toddler nursery and wanting my dad to stay in the room with me. If he left i would start crying and they would have to get him again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3. Since God controls the world, I think that it is more like the control of a loving parent because the world doesn't work perfectly like a well-oiled and neither do people. Everyone makes mistakes and disobeys their parents at one time or another, which is the same thing we do to God. I think that it is our fault when things seem "out of control" because we are the ones who disobey and cause the problems, not God... he's the one who usually has to fix them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. my earliest faith memory is when my Grammy was teaching me the Johnny apple seed grace. i remember it because when i was little i couldn't remember any of the graces we were taught in school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2. When I am worshipping God, whether in a small or large group, I feel close to him. However, when I am not conciously making an effort to seek Him and praise Him, I feel more distant. I feel that those are the points where Satan pulls at me, and tries to convince me God isn't really there. And sometimes when I am at my weakest, I let that lie creep into my sould and start to question God and all He is to me. But because I have those close moments with God I am able to reassure myself He is really there and he loves me mnore than I can possibly imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. i think that the Israelites were still gods people because he put his lot in with them. he stuck with the Israelites because he knew that they would pull threw.

    ReplyDelete