Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Week #3 - Messiah & Mission

Hi everyone. I hope you are having a good week. You should be working your way through chapters 4 & 5 this week, reading more about Jesus the Messiah and his mission on earth. Here are several questions for you to choose from and respond to by commenting below.
  1. Of the three explanations of Jesus' death (pgs. 82-83), which one means the most to you? Why?
  2. How does Jesus' death and resurrection affect your life today?
  3. Jesus calls us to carry our own cross. What does that mean to you?

Thanks and have a great week. - jim

5 comments:

  1. hey guys--- i think if we can we should comment on each others comments and also if we can check out the blog more than once so you can see each others answers and learn from them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does Jesus' death and resurrection affect my life today?!? The question is- how can't it affect my life today!! Of course it affects my life! Because of Jesus I am saved. Would we still have to sacrifice lambs with out him? I don't know, but Jesus is the ultimate sacrifice. Think about it-- if we didn't have Him sin wouldn't be crushed forever right? I mean Jesus affects my life everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus' death and resurrection means a lot to me because it saved all the people on the earth from there sins if they trust in god to forgive them. If he did not get crucified than sin would live on inside of everybody. no one wants that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3.Jesus calls us to carry our own cross. What does that mean to you?
    To me... when Jesus is calling us to carry our own cross it means that you spread God's word continually. You tell everyone about God and the Messiah even if you know that you will get into trouble for it. You stand up for what you believe and stay obedient to God... just like Jesus did... even when he was being crusifed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jesus's death and resurrection affects my life a lot today. Even when I am sad about things or I think things will never get better, I always remember that Jesus died for me. He loved me so much that he actually suffered for me. Then when it looked like all hope was lost Jesus arose from the dead! This always gives me hope to live my life everyday.

    ReplyDelete